As mentioned in the End of Holiday Update, I started to crochet a dress last summer. It’s an Anthropologie-inspired crochet dress and I found the charts for the motifs via the Outdtanding Crochet blog.
Here’s how it’s looking like now! The motifs are quite large (about 15 x 15 cm each) so bodice came together quite quickly. I like working with motifs, especially when you can join them as you go. I’m generally not a huge fan of boxy-shaped garments though (which is what joining square-shaped motifs would result in), so I gave the bodice a bit of bust shaping in the side seams by adding an extra row to the sides of the top motifs.
The yarn I’m using is an old mystery cotton yarn I got from my friend. I was happily crocheting along thinking I had two boxes of the yarn, and when I was about to run out found out that the other box contained a totally different type of yarn! What a bummer. I love how the dress is looking like so far, and would love to be able to finish it. If I can’t find a matching yarn from the yarn stores I’ll just have to keep my eyes open on flea markets. You do see these kinds of yarns there every once and a while!